Who does not like watermelon, right?!
It is a taste of a summer and childhood.
And grapes! Delicious and crunchy mmmm….
But apart form a great taste these two are amazing for your skin and hair!
- Firstly, Watermelon- is full of Vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, B6. Also pack with Lycopene and amino acids.
- Secondly, promotes hair growth- contain Arginine (an amino acid) which is essential in our bodies and helps with blood circulation in the scalp.
- Prevent Hair loss- watermelon is packed with Vitamin C which help your body to use non-heme Iron- this ensures that enough Iron is in your red blood cells to assist In carrying oxygen to your hair follicles, promoting healthy hair. Collagen is also needed for healthy hair growth and watermelon helps promote collagen formation.
- Moisture hair.
- Hydrate the skin- 92% of water.
- Thirdly, prevent skin from ageing- watermelon is full of antioxidants such as LYCOPENE, Vitamin A and C which helps to reduce free radicals that damage cells over time and can attributed to the cause of ageing skin.
- Prevent Acne and oil production- watermelon is packed with Vitamin A, reducing skin pore size and the amount of oil that your sebaceous glands secrete. Watermelon is believed to help with acne due to these properties.
Watermelon extract can often be found in beauty products such as shower gels, lipsticks and lip glosses, shampoo, and hair conditioners due to it is hydrating properties.
Grapes- I often use grapes as an example of a skin cell. When a skin cell is young is like a grape plump, firm and hydrated. But when skin cell gets old it become a raisin- dehydrated and wrinkled.
Here are some amazing skin benefits of grapes:
- Loaded with antioxidants- Point to note:
The antioxidant content is the highest in the seeds and the skin, so, do make use of them ?
- Prevent skin problems- RESVERATROL- is also a strong antioxidant and help to prevent the ageing process.
- Grapes and their seeds contain a good amount of antioxidants. They are 50 times more powerful thank Vitamin E and 20 times more powerful than Vitamin C. This helps to protect the skin from pollution and toxin damage. This is also useful in the repair of collagen.
- Grapes contain antioxidants that increase the blood circulation in your scalp which leads to good hair growth.
Grape seed oil is easily absorbed into the scalp and as a result gives you soft, shiny, and manageable hair. Grapes, with abundance of Vitamin E and and linoleic acid can help treat hair loss.
If you’d like to know more about why we loose hair here is more info:
If you have noticed a hair loss or maybe have damaged hair from bleaching or having extensions put in I can help you treat that problem and supplement all necessary vitamins and microelements which are so important for a healthy hair.
Call 01704569990 to book your consultation