Who would have thought that we will have such a beautiful yet cold and snowy winter
- the temperature drop
- cold wind
- sun and snow
Can be a real challenge for your skin so it’s important to do all you can to look after it.
5 Super Simple Winter Skin Care Tips
1. Avoid harsh soaps and switch to a hydrating, creamy face cleansers. If your face wash is strong and leaves your skin “squeaky clean “, then it’s stripped the skin of its natural oils, leaving it too dry
2. Choose protecting and nourishing moisturiser. Now it’s the time to swap your light, hydrating cream to something more rich, full of ceramides (skin’s hydrating factors) and hyaluronic acid (to attract water into the skin)
If you need to add an extra layer of hydration apply a hydrating serum before sealing it in with a moisturiser.
3. Apply Sunscreen On bright winter days, snow reflects the sun’s rays (up to 80%, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation).Apply a moisturising, broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 15 or more.
4. Moisturize and protect frequently your hands and lips Not only the weather right now but also washing our hands several times a day can leave the skin on your hands dry, rough and feeling itchy.
Use hand cream immediately after washing to lock in moisturiser. In addition to applying hand cream, wearing gloves will protect your hands from the negative effects of cold, winter air.
Harsh wind can dry out your lips and leave them cracked and peeling. Invest in a lip balm to keep your lips smooth and moisturised.
5. Eat right and stay hydrated Balanced diet is so important for a healthy skin but it can be helped by supplements that contain Omega-3 or Omega-6 Fatty Acids.
Staying hydrated is essential to maintain a healthy winter diet and vibrant skin.
If your are unsure about your winter skin care message me to book in Computer Skin Analysis and personalise your skin care routine.
But in the mean time I am off to warm up with a cup of delicious tea