What is a self- care?
Self- care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional and physical health.
Why it’s so important?
Right now self-care is more important than ever before! Firstly, we are in the 3rd Lockdown. Secondly, many of you are doing home schooling while trying to catch up with work zoom meetings, do food shopping, cook a dinner and this is very overwhelming, stressful, frustrating and we all just have enough!
So, to simply keep your life in a balance you need to allow yourself for some ME TIME! Without feeling guilty! If you tend to put yourself at the very end of your priority list, especially when that list gets long, that means you not only are neglecting yourself, but you’re also neglecting everyone who relies on you. That is to say if you don’t take time to fill up your own cup, you won’t be able to pour from it any more.
How to do it?
For me it’s either #selfcaresaturday or #selfcaresunday. On one of those day I actually have to make it a part of my TO DO LIST and this is just as non-negotiable as getting the dishes done or cooking dinner. It can by 30 minutes or an hour or even 2 hours it all depend on YOU!
Here is my list of self-care ideas but you can make your own list 🙂
- read a book or magazine
- watch a movie
- give yourself a pedicure or manicure- if you’d like to make it more professional I have Balbcare socks and gloves available for you. BalbCare® will leave hands and feet feeling softer and smoother instantly, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the skin; leaving healthier, younger looking moisturised hands and feet and nails.
- take a nap
- sit outside and drink your favourite tea or coffee in your favourite mug- Twinings has some really nice tea that will help ypu sleep and relax
- go for a walk or a run
- go to the park and play on the playground. Be a kid again
- listen to a positive music
- have a dance party- even on your own and DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING YOU
- burn a candle or diffuse some oils that have scents that bring me joy
- cook your favourite food or even better! Ask your husband/partner/boyfriend to cook for you!
- don’t spend all day in your PJ’s . Wear an outfit that makes you feel great. Even if I have no reason to!
- put your make-up on and do your hair- even if you are only going food shopping
- do yoga
- watch the sun rise or set. Don’t take any pictures or post about it on social media. Just watch.
- edit who you follow on social media- if they don’t bring you joy, they got to go—no matter how nice, inspiring, or cool they are
- write a list of 10 things that you are grateful for
- have a 20 minute stretching session
- give yourself a facial. If you don’t know how let me know and I will get you sorted!
There are many reasons to care for yourself. Above all it keeps you healthy and there’s still plenty options to choose from 🙂 just be creative and take care- self-care!